Facebook SDK

Sunday 14 November 2010

parkrun - what's it all about?

So what is parkrun? That's an easy one to answer, or is it.....?

There's the factual explanation.....parkrun is a free, weekly, 5km timed running event, in over 50 locations across the UK (and Denmark). But that's not enough.
There's the emotional explanation.....parkrun is a phenomenon, bringing communities together each week for the good of all.

The true meaning of parkrun cannot be explained in one single blog post. I will endeavour to explain what parkrun means to me and my fellow parkrunners over the coming weeks and months. I will tell you how I found out about parkrun, got started, became obsessed and how I intend to spread the word to as many people as are willing to listen. Saturday mornings will never be the same again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.