Facebook SDK

Friday 7 January 2011

Gentle freedom run #29

I did my 29th parkrun freedom run in Coventry today with my brother Andy.

We took it very steadily as Andy has been struggling all week with a sore knee and Achilles tendon (since our 9 miler on Monday - my fault!). We had no targets at all today, other than getting round, which is not at all like either of us. We just enjoyed the run and being out in the park.

It was particularly boggy on the off-tarmac part of the course around the war memorial, which may cause some slips tomorrow. It will certainly slow everyone down for 20 seconds or so.

Anyway, we plodded round for a time of 27:08. I have just had a quick look and that is actually 5 seconds inside my slowest ever freedom run, so at least I achieved something!

I'm very much looking forward to getting back out there for the parkrun event tomorrow. It will have been three weeks since my last parkrun event and I can't wait for it. I don't expect any miracles time-wise and am just hoping for something around 18:50 or under, which may be optimistic. If I get under 18:30 I will be over-the-moon. Today's run certainly hasn't taken much out of me so I hope to feel pretty good for it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.