Facebook SDK

Thursday 30 December 2010

parkrun targets for 2011

2010 has been my first year of taking part in parkrun events and I actually didn't start until April. During this year I have taken over 2 minutes (2:04) off my first parkrun time, spread across 8 PBs and resulting in my current PB of 18:14. I have run a total of 23 parkrun events finishing in the top 10 on 18 occasions and I have finished as high as 2nd on three occasions. I also finished the year in 7th position in the male points table.

So how can I improve on this and what are my aims at parkrun events in 2011?

I would like to:
- Complete 50 parkruns in total and get the 50 parkruns t-shirt, a real parkrun status symbol!
- Run at least 30 Coventry parkrun events in the year, but hopefully nearer to 40 if possible.
- Achieve at least 5 new PBs.
- Win my first parkrun event. This will depend on a weaker field of competitors rather than me improving!
- Perhaps I might even do my first parkrun at another location. Fingers crossed an event appears somewhere suitable to help make this happen.

From these general aims I have come up with the following targets, or lets call them challenges for myself for the coming year. I must:
- Get a new PB before the end of February.
- Take my PB below 18 minutes before the end of April.
- Take my PB below 17:45 before the end of 2011.
- Finish in the top 5 of the male points table.
- Finish in the top 10 in at least 75% of events attended.

Those are my big 5 personal challenges, I wonder how I will do? I think the two PB targets of below 18 minutes and 17:45 will prove to be the toughest of the 5. I think the other three are within my capabilities. I'll try to remember to look back at these aims and challenges throughout the year, hopefully to tick them off as I achieve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.