Facebook SDK

Saturday 11 December 2010

Freedom parkrun PB (18:54)

A very pleasing freedom parkrun effort today. It had been 6 days since my last run of any kind, at last weeks parkrun in Coventry, and I was very keen to get back into it.

I set myself a goal of a freedom run PB, to beat my previous best of 18:59, but also told myself I would be happy with 19:30, even though I knew I wouldn't really be happy with that. With all the snow and ice over the last couple of weeks it had been a while since I had tried to run near full pace.

The first lap went very well. There was a brief excursion on the mud around the memorial monument, where work is currently being carried out, and this slowed me to almost walking pace for about 30 yards. But this didn't cause my pace too many problems. I finished the first lap in 9:33. I knew that this meant I could get my freedom run PB so I had to give it a go.

I ran the second lap in a comfortable 9:21 for an overall time of 18:54. I had knocked 5 seconds off my previous freedom PB and this time was only 40 seconds outside my parkrun PB.

All in all a very pleasing effort and great to be out running again. I rewarded myself with an extra lap of the park as was enjoying my run so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.