Facebook SDK

Monday 8 August 2011

parkrun comeback this week or next?

It's been the best part of 2 months since my last parkrun and with only 1 parkrun in the last 3 months I can't begin to explain how much I have missed taking part. Admittedly I have managed to keep my hand in by volunteering a few times, but enjoyable as that is I think we all know that that isn't quite the same.

My physio finally told me that his work was done last Wednesday and freed me to start running again. This was very welcome news.

So I finally got back to running (well jogging really) last week. It started with a 1.5 mile jog at 10 minute mile pace on Wednesday and ended with a huge 2.5 mile run at close to 8 minute mile pace on Friday. I haven't been able to fit in a run since but at least I have started again.

After such a long time injured I am in no rush to injure myself again and will be taking all the time I need to build up slowly. I even had my trainers on this evening, and after my now customary careful test jog around the garden, common sense won the day. My calf didn't feel quite right so I didn't run. I am never that sensible!

With a bit of luck it may feel good enough to allow me a short run tomorrow evening and perhaps again later in the week. What I would love to do is make it to the start line at parkrun this weekend. Fingers crossed I can manage that without risking injury.

If I do make it to parkrun this weekend I think I can guarantee my slowest ever time, but simply being back around my parkrun friends will be enough for me for now. However, give me a few injury free weeks and I'm sure that will soon change. Lets hope I get that far into my recovery wqithout a relapse to see what happens!

parkrun I still miss you, but hopefully I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think.